- Any user of, or visitor to, Paperless Innovations, Inc. websites or other online services or products (“Online Services”)
- Individuals who share their business contact information and other personal information with Paperless Innovations, Inc. during events including tradeshows or conferences, or for other business purposes, including customer services and product or laboratory services, such as current or prospective customers and their representatives; and
- Any members of the public who interact with Paperless Innovations, Inc. and individuals with whom we do business, including, but not limited to, staff of regulatory authorities and suppliers and visitors to our sites and offices
Paperless Innovations, Inc. Privacy Standards
Across all our business activities we recognize and seek to base our privacy practices on accepted principles utilized by various regulatory and industry groups. In summary, these principles are as follows:
- Collection Limitation: To obtain personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge and consent of the individual about whom we process personal information.
- Data Quality: To process personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date (taking into account the purposes for which it was collected).
- Purpose Specification: To specify the purposes for which personal information is collected before such collection takes place.
- Use Limitation: To use personal information only in accordance with the specified purposes except where the individual has provided their consent or by the authority of law.
- Security Safeguards: To protect personal information using reasonable security safeguards.
- Openness: To be open about privacy practices, policies and developments, and the details of any processing that takes place.
- Individual Participation: As required by applicable law, to give effect to individuals’ requests to know what personal information is being processed and guide how that data should be processed.
- Accountability: To be accountable for complying with measures that give effect to these Privacy Standards.
Privacy standards may vary by country, region, or Paperless Innovations, Inc. business group, depending on applicable law and regulations.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Paperless Innovations, Inc. may process information about you and may collect this information from various sources, including, but not limited to, personal information you actively share with us, personal data about you shared by your institution or company, or personal information about you collected through publicly available sources and authorized third parties with whom we have a business relationship. We may also generate further information about you based on the information collected from other sources.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or United Kingdom, please also see our Additional Privacy Statement – Europe. If you are a resident of California, please also see our Additional Privacy Statement – California located later in this document. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personal Data You Actively Submit
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, or any demographic information that you voluntarily give to us when you register with the Site, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
- If you create an account, order products, register for services, or otherwise submit data to Paperless Innovations, Inc., we will collect information about you and the company or other entity you represent (e.g., your name, organization, address, email address, phone number, fax number).
- You may also provide information such as payment information to make a purchase, shipping information to receive a purchase, completing a survey to help us improve our products and services, or a resume to apply for employment. In such instances, you will know what personal information is collected by us, because you will have actively submitted it.
- We may collect and process contact information that you provided directly to us (e.g., your name, email address, phone number and business address) through online or offline channels, including where you interact with our systems and services or provide such information in person during tradeshows, networking events, conferences, and similar events, and information about your business and its interactions with Paperless Innovations, Inc.
- We may collect details of your customer service requests and feedback on your experience with these and other services.
- We may also collect and process audio recordings of calls to customer service centers.
- If you visit our sites and offices, we may collect and process information about you (e.g., your name and company name) to register you in our systems, help us with screening our visitors, and provide you with appropriate access credentials. We may also collect CCTV images for the purposes of access control and site security.
- Where permissible in accordance with applicable law, we may collect biometric data (e.g. fingerprints) to improve the operation of, or enable access to, certain products.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, pages you have visited on the Site, data transferred, amount of time you spend on the Online Services, information about actions and transactions conducted, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site. If you are using our Site from a mobile device, this information may also include your device name and type, your operating system, your phone number, your country, your likes and replies to a post, and other interactions with the Site and other users via server log files, as well as any other information you choose to provide such as geolocation data. This data is generated and collected automatically, as part of the standard operation of the Online Services and will only be processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may collect personal information about you related to your interests or work (e.g., your position, specialty and publications) from publicly available resources such as company, university, and publication websites, social media and other digital platforms, national registries and professional databases or directories, or third-party vendors who act on our behalf, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. We may collect certain information about you from your company, (e.g. your position, department, contact details, company address) and other information specific to your order or interests.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Site permission to access this information.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage an account for you or the organization for which you work.
- Authenticate your identity, where necessary or required by law.
- Enter into a sales or service contract with you or the organization for which you work.
- Perform our contractual obligations to you or the organization for which you work under any applicable contract.
- Provide requested services, information, and product support.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site.
- Update your account, orders, and transactions.
- Discharge our contractual obligations to you.
- Comply with any legal obligations that apply to us.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services, mobile applications, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Verify financial transactions and undertake compliance screening checks.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Respond appropriately to your inquiries.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Site.
- Enable you to use online social media resources that we may offer from time to time.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, including in accordance with your consent where required by applicable law, we may engage in the following activities:
- We may use your contact details to contact you to determine whether you would like to initiate a business relationship with us or to send you marketing emails.
- If you do not wish to receive such marketing emails, you may opt out by declining to receive such emails when registering and in our subsequent communications by following opt-out instructions included in such emails or at other information collection points on the Online Services.
- We may collect personal information about you (e.g., your position, specialty and publications) from publicly available resources such as company, university, and publications websites, and combine it with personal information we have collected about you, to enhance our customer profile of you in support of our sales and marketing activities.
- We may process recordings of your calls with our customer services representatives to ensure we deliver high-quality service, assist in the training and development of Paperless Innovations, Inc. and subcontractor representatives, and generally improve our customer service to you.
- We may make customer offers to you based on your activities across different Online Services including activities on other web or digital properties your other interactions with Paperless Innovations, Inc. that are not via the Online Services (e.g. regional offers based on the location of your office listed on order forms).
We also perform statistical analyses of the users of our Online Services to improve the functionality, content, design, and navigation of the Online Services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
Our third-party service providers are located in the United States.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions, or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to safeguard any information you provide through the Online Services, and to protect it from unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alteration. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information. In addition, it is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or similar individual information associated with your use of the Online Services.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We generally retain personal information for as long as needed for the specific business purpose or purposes for which it was collected. In some cases, we may be required to retain personal information for a longer period of time by law, by contract requirements, or for other necessary business purposes. Where possible, we aim to anonymize the information or remove unnecessary identifiers from records that we may need to keep for periods beyond the specified retention period.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that in many circumstances we cannot effectively do business with you without processing some personal information about you (e.g. your contact information).
You can use the Online Services without consenting to cookies (unless strictly necessary); the consequence is that some features of the Online Services may be less tailored to you, and some functionality may be reduced.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications. Please use the unsubscribe functionality on such communications.
You can make a request with respect to your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about specific rights of European and Californian individuals is set out in paragraphs below.
We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to your requests in accordance with applicable laws.
When you contact customer service representatives, we may require you to provide information able to authenticate your identity in order to assist you with your request. If you are unable to provide this information, we may be unable to process your request.
When we receive your personal information from our customers and process your personal information on their behalf, we do so in the capacity of a processor. We do not have control over our customers’ privacy and security practices and processes. If your personal information has been submitted to us by a Paperless Innovations, Inc. customer and you wish to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact the relevant customer directly, or provide us with the name of the customer so that we can appropriately refer your request to them.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
Logging into your account settings and updating your account
Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Paperless Innovations, Inc.
4273 Haulover Dr.
Johns Island, SC 29455